Author Archives: Elliott Milek

Ways To Reduce or Eliminate the U.S. FIRPTA Withholding Tax

Tax Implications for Canadian Individuals Selling U.S. Real Property When it comes to selling property across the border, Canadian individuals should be aware of the tax implications. When a Canadian resident sells an income-producing property located within the United States, you will be subject to a non-resident withholding tax of either 10% or 15% of […]

Do you need an ITIN?

What is an ITIN? Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (“ITIN”) is a tax ID number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) to individuals who are obliged for a U.S. tax filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code and are not eligible to obtain a Social Security number (“SSN”) from the Social Security Administration […]